October 02, 2005

"Faster, better, cheaper..."

Nice... two weeks ago I called SBC about my DSL connection speeds. The tech support guy (in India!) referred me to Customer Service (in Appleton WI!) and they happily converted me to the latest promotional package - 1.5 meg/sec @ $14.99 a month for one year when you 'bundle' your SBC services!


Coolness! 4 times faster and $11 less a month! And that 1.25 meg tested throughput above is constant and not variable like a shared Charter Pipeline connection.

What happens at the end of the year? I call them about a month before it ends and ask for whatever the current promotion is. That's all.

Wait... there's more! Unlike Charter Cable, I still have a dialup connection should I need one.

Oh... yeah... the screen shot above? That's my SBC DSL connected PC tested on Charter's test page!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Is yours?